The 2022 Resident Education Program will be held in-person starting the evening of Friday, September 30 through the morning of Sunday, October 2, 2022 at the UCLA Meyer and Renee Luskin Conference Center in Los Angeles, CA.
Faculty and residents will engage throughout the meeting in an interactive format that features lectures, small group sessions and workshops, and a friendly competition, as well as informally at combined faculty-resident meals and breaks.Program Goals
- Provide early stage adult and pediatric neurology residents with a foundation in headache medicine education.
- Promote the exchange of information and ideas concerning the causes and treatments of headache and related painful disorders.
- Introduce residents to experienced faculty in neurologic education and headache medicine.
- Inspire a greater number of neurology residents to pursue careers in headache medicine.
Participants will apply and meet stated criteria that include:
- Submit online application form with the following supporting documents:
- Completion of brief statement of interest (100-200 words)
- Letter of support from Program Director
- Each program director may nominate only one early stage resident from their program (PGY1 or PGY2 for adult neurology, PGY1, PGY2, or PGY3 for child neurology, but if no such candidate is available a PGY3 adult neurology or PGY4 child neurology resident would be considered).
- Applicant must be a resident in a US adult or pediatric neurology training program. We will also consider applications from trainees in other residency programs, including but not limited to internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, physiatry, obstetrics and gynecology and orofacial pain. International applications are not eligible at this time.
Accepted participants will receive the following:
- Reimbursement up to $1,500 for eligible travel expenses including:
- Roundtrip coach/economy class travel
- Ground transportation to/from airport and conference center (car rental and gas not covered)
- Two nights’ accommodation at the conference hotel
- Meals, which are included in the meeting, from Friday night through Sunday morning.
- Complimentary one-year trainee membership to the American Headache Society or extension of an existing AHS Trainee membership
Applications and supporting materials must be received no later than Monday, August 15, 2022.
We hope that such a program will help to inspire a greater number of junior neurology trainees to consider pursuing careers in headache medicine. Thank you for your interest!