This year, we are offering a virtual Resident Education Program on Saturday, October 9, 2021.
Faculty and residents will engage throughout the meeting in an interactive format that features lectures, small group sessions and workshops, as well as informally during breaks and a virtual brunch.Program Goals
- Provide first and second year adult and pediatric neurology residents with a foundation in headache medicine education.
- Promote the exchange of information and ideas concerning the causes and treatments of headache and related painful disorders.
- Introduce residents to experienced faculty in neurologic education and headache medicine.
- Inspire a greater number of neurology residents to pursue careers in headache medicine.
Participants will apply and meet stated criteria that include:
- Submit online application form with the following supporting documents:
- Completion of brief statement of interest (100-200 words)
- Letter of support from Program Director
- Each program director may nominate only one resident from their program.
- Applicant must be a resident in a US adult or pediatric neurology training program. We will also consider applications from trainees in other residency programs, such as internal medicine, family medicine, and obstetrics and gynecology. International applications are not eligible.
Accepted participants will receive the following:
- Gift card for one meal (Saturday brunch)
- Complimentary one-year Trainee membership to the American Headache Society, or extension of their existing AHS Trainee membership.
Applications and supporting materials must be received no later than Monday, August 2, 2021.
We hope that such a program will help to inspire a greater number of junior neurology trainees to consider pursuing careers in headache medicine. Thank you for your interest!