This academic year, we are offering a single application process to attend one of two Resident Education Programs: Fall 2019 in Washington, DC and Spring 2020 in Los Angeles, CA.
October 11-13, 2019
Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center
March 27-29, 2020
UCLA Meyer and Renee Luskin Conference Center
Los Angeles, CA
Faculty and residents will engage throughout the meetings in an interactive format that features lectures, small group sessions and workshops, as well as informally at combined faculty-resident dinners. While we are hosting two programs, accepted applicants are only selected to attend one program.Program Goals
- Provide first and second year adult and pediatric neurology residents with a foundation in headache medicine education.
- Promote the exchange of information and ideas concerning the causes and treatments of headache and related painful disorders.
- Introduce residents to experienced faculty in neurologic education and headache medicine.
- Inspire a greater number of neurology residents to pursue careers in headache medicine.
Participants will apply and meet stated criteria that include:
- Submit online application form with the following supporting documents:
- Completion of brief statement of interest (100-200 words)
- Letter of support from Program Director
- Each program director may nominate only one resident from their program.
- Applicant must be a resident in a US adult or pediatric neurology training program. International applications are not eligible.
Applications and supporting materials must be received
no later than Monday, August 5, 2019.
Accepted participants will receive the following:
- Reimbursement for transportation expenses for roundtrip coach/economy class travel.
- Reimbursement for ground transportation to/from airport and conference center (car rental and gas not covered).
- Two nights’ accommodation at the conference hotel. A housing form will be provided upon notification of acceptance to the program.
- Meals, which are included in the meeting, from Friday night through Sunday morning.
- Complimentary one-year trainee membership to the American Headache Society
*All expenses must be accompanied by receipts. A travel reimbursement form will be provided after the meeting.
We hope that such a program will help to inspire a greater number of junior neurology trainees to consider pursuing careers in headache medicine. Thank you for your interest!