The American Headache Society is now accepting applications for the 2024 International Headache Academy, January 25-27, 2024 at the UCLA meyer and Renee luskin conference center in los angeles, CA.
The International Headache Academy is designed to inspire a long-term commitment to headache medicine in young neurologists and research scientists via an educational program focused on clinical and research aspects of the field. It is our goal to develop and mentor future leaders in the field.
Interested applicants must be a PGY 3+ Resident, Headache Medicine Fellow, or MD and/or PhD clinician/researcher currently enrolled or within 5 years of having completed their training in the US, Canada, or Latin America. Previous participants of IHA are encouraged to apply should they meet eligibility requirements as outlined.
Application and Supporting Materials
- Brief academic update (presentations delivered, abstracts published, manuscripts published or in press, book chapters published or in press, academic promotion, academic appointments, projects funded, or any other update)
- Letter of support from Department Chair, Program Director, or AHS member
- A demonstrated interest in headache medicine
- Completion of statement of interest and financial disclosure form
Applications will be reviewed and rated according to the following:
- Academic history and productivity
- Field of study
- Place of study
- Quality of research to date (if any)
- Potential for the applicant to provide leadership in headache medicine and make meaningful contributions to headache research and/or clinical care for many years
Accepted applicants will receive:
Through submission of an optional research proposal, selected applicants may be eligible to receive a $10,000 grant to fund their research project, and those selected will be invited to present at the 67th Annual Scientific Meeting in 2025.
Accepted applicants will also receive a stipend up to $1,500 toward eligible travel expenses and a one-year AHS Trainee membership or extension of their existing Trainee membership.
Applications and supporting materials must be submitted no later than Monday, October 2, 2023.