When: January 16-18, 2020
Where: UCLA Meyer & Renee Luskin Conference Center in Los Angeles, CA
The International Headache Academy is designed to inspire a long-term commitment to headache medicine in young neurologists and research scientists via an educational program focused on clinical and research aspects of the field. It is our goal to develop and mentor future leaders in the field.
Interested applicants must be a PGY 3-4 Resident, headache medicine fellow, or MD and/or PhD clinician/researcher currently enrolled or within 5 years of having completed their training in the US, Canada, or Latin America.
Application and Supporting Materials
- Brief academic update (presentations delivered, abstracts published, manuscripts published or in press, book chapters published or in press, academic promotion, academic appointments, projects funded, or any other update)
- Letter of support from Department Chair, Program Director, or AHS or IHS member
- A demonstrated interest in headache medicine
- Completion of statement of interest and financial disclosure form
Application materials will be reviewed by a steering committee composed of members of the curriculum development committee and leadership representatives from each of the co-sponsoring organizations.
Applications will be reviewed and rated according to the following:
- Academic history and productivity
- Field of study
- Place of study
- Quality of research to date (if any)
- Potential for the applicant to provide leadership in headache medicine and make meaningful contributions to headache research and/or clinical care for many years
Accepted applicants will receive a stipend of up to $1,000 to offset the costs of hotel, airfare, ground transportation, and meals not provided during the IHA. All expenses must be accompanied by receipts. Winners will also receive a one-year AHS Trainee membership if not already a member of AHS, or a one-year extension of their existing AHS Trainee membership.
APPLICATIONS AND SUPPORTING MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN MONDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2019