American Headache Society®
announces the availability of up to 10 "Frontiers in Headache Research" Scholarship Awards for the
60th Annual Scientific Meeting,
June 28-July 1, 2018 at the
Marriott Marquis San Francisco.
Winners will receive complimentary meeting registration and are eligible to receive a stipend up to $1,000 for reimbursement of expenses for hotel, travel, and meals not provided during the Symposium. Winners will also receive a one-year AHS Trainee membership if not already a member of AHS, or a one-year extension of their existing AHS Trainee membership.
Criteria for selection are based on:
- The quality of the research proposal/project
- The potential for the proposal, study or thesis to contribute to the advancement of knowledge and future research in the field of Headache Medicine
- Be a Headache Medicine Fellow, Resident and or post-doctoral fellow who is in preparatory, active or completion phase of a basic or clinical research project that is related to headache or cranial nociception
- Not have won an AHS scholarship within the past 2 years. Past winners within 2 years are not eligible to apply
- Reside in the United States or Canada
- The top three selected will be required to present their proposal or results to attendees at the 2018 Annual Scientific Meeting on Friday, June 29, 2018 from 1:00-1:15 pm
- All other recipients will be required to submit a poster for display at the 2018 Annual Scientific Meeting
Applicants must submit the electronic application and all supporting materials no later than Monday, March 19, 2018.