Thank you for your interest in the 2018 International Headache Academy. The IHA is designed to inspire a long-term commitment to Headache Medicine in young neurologists and research scientists via an educational program focused on clinical and research aspects of Headache Medicine. Our ultimate goal is to develop and mentor future leaders in the field.
The fifth IHA will be held at the UCLA Meyer & Renee Luskin Conference Center in Los Angeles, CA on Thursday, January 18 – Saturday, January 20, 2018.
Participants will apply and meet stated criteria that include:
- Completed online application form with the following supporting documents:
- Brief academic update (presentations delivered, abstracts published, manuscripts published or in press, book chapters published or in press, academic promotion, academic appointments, projects funded, or any other update)
- Letter of support from Department Chair, Program Director, or AHS or IHS member
- A demonstrated interest in Headache Medicine
- Completion of statement of interest and financial disclosure form
APPLICATIONS AND SUPPORTING MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2017.
Application materials will be reviewed by a steering committee composed of members of the curriculum development committee and leadership representatives from each of the co-sponsoring organizations. Each applicant will be reviewed and rated on their academic history and productivity, field of study, place of study, quality of research to date (if any) and potential for the applicant to provide leadership in Headache Medicine and make meaningful contributions to headache research and/or clinical care for many years.
Accepted participants will receive the following:
- A stipend of up to $1,000 to offset the costs of hotel, airfare, ground transportation, and meals not provided during the IHA.
On behalf of the American Headache Society (AHS), American Migraine Foundation (AMF), the Canadian Headache Society (CHS) and the International Headache Society (IHS), we hope you will apply for the 2018 IHA. We all will be enriched by your participation.